Want to kick your AdSense up a notch? Make sure you are following these tips
1) Blended Ads - Ideally your ads should be so unobtrusive that the reader doesn’t even know that they are their, but their mouse is magically drawn to point and click. But in all seriousness if your ads look different than their surroundings (i.e. border or different background) than you are losing money.
2) Ads Placement Hot Spots - In order to get people to click on your links, you need to place your ads where people will see them. For a blog that tends to be one of three places, either Above the content block, at the bottom of your post, or inside your post, like this.
3) Low Number Of Ads - Don’t over do the AdSense ads. AdSense puts the highest paying ads on your site first. The more AdSense blocks you have up, the less each one will pay on average. If you limit yourself to only 1 AdSense block, you can maximize your revenue.
4) AdSense For Search - Consider replacing the regular search bar of on your site with a AdSense for search button. AdSense for search can often pay more per click than your AdSense for content. Problogger does it, maybe you should think about it as well.
5) Look At Alternative Monetization Schemes - Although this post is supposed to be about optimizing AdSense, what you really care about is making the most money possible with your site. AdSense can be one part of that, but it shouldn’t be your only method of making money. What if AdSense decides to cut you off? Can you recover?